Thursday 13 May 2010

Wild Swans – Book 8/33

I picked up Wild Swans when I was in Melbourne and it happened to be one of my sister-in-law’s books. I borrowed it to read on the plane.

I must confess, I know very little about China’s history, particularly recent history and was very impressed with this book and what I learnt from it. I was unaware of the impact of the Communist regime and of Mao’s atrocities. 

Wild Swans cover the lives of three women from the same family but over three different generations, a grandmother, mother and and daughter. It tells the tale of each woman amidst the backdrop of China’s modern history and what from an insiders view, the impact of communism had on their lives.

The list of books I’ve read and would like to read can be found here

No comments:

Post a Comment