Wednesday 12 May 2010

81. Go to Oxford

During all the wedding planning, unfortunately my little blog has been left amiss. But now I’m back, ready to keep on plugging through the list of 101 things to do (and updating my progress to boot).

Back in June 2009, my high school friend came to visit the UK with her husband. They were staying in Oxford for a while so I thought it was a good time to visit them.

Oxford is most famous for its university. The medieval university is the oldest university in the English-speaking world. The place was first occupied during Saxon times (AD400-1000), and the first mention of the university was found in 12th century records.

Oxford - The Radcliffe Camera

Getting to Oxford from London is quite simple and if you book far enough in advance using a site like www.trainline.com then you can save a bit on the train fare.

No comments:

Post a Comment