Wednesday 25 August 2010

57. Go on the Jack the Ripper tour

Just a short and sweet post. Last year, a friend and I went on a Jack the Ripper Tour. It was the middle of November and it was so cold. I just couldn’t wait for the tour to finish. We did get to see three of the sites where the murders took place (they just look like your average lane or car parking lot these days so nothing spectacular).

The National Archives holds hundreds of pages of Victorian correspondence sent to the Metropolitan Police from individuals claiming to be Jack the Ripper. It is impossible to know whether any are actually from the individual behind the Ripper murders.

The tour guide is what makes the difference. Unfortunately we had one with an Australian accent who wasn’t a struggling actor making ends meet so I wasn’t overly impressed with the presented information that I could probably find myself on Wikipedia anyway.

2 comments:

  1. I´m going to ignore this post and go anyway... hehe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well make sure you find a good one! The one I went to was free as the company was starting out. I feel a bit bad naming them... but check with me first before you go!

    ReplyDelete