Thursday 26 August 2010

6. Take dance lessons

When I initially wrote my list, my intention was to take up some ballroom, salsa or maybe tango dancing lessons. Little did I know that the first dance lessons I would take were ‘FIRST DANCE’ lessons…of course, it was the perfect opportunity to get my H2B involved with little opposition.

Our First Dance

We took five private lessons to choreograph and rehearse our wedding dance routine. We picked the Frankie Valli classic ‘Can’t take my eyes off you’ as our first dance song because of the mix between the mellow start and the big band during the chorus.

Our dance routine mixed in a range of moves, with a daring lift during the chorus.

I suppose I didn’t really think about it, how walking down the aisle in a massive ballgown would create so much stress for the Husband.

Thankfully, it all went well, the dress didn’t get stepped on, no one was dropped and the dance added to the magical, fairytale wedding day.

No comments:

Post a Comment