Wednesday 6 July 2011

76. Visit friends in Greenwich

When I first created this list, I did have some friends living in Greenwich. They’ve since moved home and so I never really got the chance to visit them. However, I did visit Greenwich with some other Aussie friends and have since returned to Greenwich a few more times.

Greenwich sits along the Thames River and is a world heritage site, as well as a Royal Borough. It’s a lovely place to visit when its sunny, and of the times I’ve been there, I’ve run the ‘Run to the Beat’ half marathon, checked out the Greenwich Markets, popped in to see the Greenwich + Docklands International Festival, and also visited what the town is most famous for  - The Greenwich Meridian line.

 Prime Meridan

It’s about £7 for the privilege of putting one foot on either side of the line which I decided was better spent elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment