Sunday 29 March 2009

72. Go to a football game


The next tube carriage shuddered as groups of English Fans jumped along to the chant of their English anthems on the way to the English v. Slovakia friendly game. The tube doors opened and another bunch of English fans stepped into our carriage. Six more stops to go and I wondered whether I could sit through another 90 minutes of fans yelling at the top of their lungs to their mates despite sitting only inches away.

Wembley stadium was heaving by the time we arrived, a sea of red and white. The game started and the English team dominated. I was busy with my camera taking some "here I am at the football" shots when, after eight minutes into the game, England had a scoring opportunity with a scambled goal by Heskey - and I caught it all on camera. Shame my lens is not a zoom lens, but the picture is on the blog for all to see.
So 82 minutes later, England won 4-0, and I saw some of the English greats play (Beckham, Rooney, Lampard).

No comments:

Post a Comment