Thursday 26 August 2010

20. Buy a bicycle

Summer of 2010 finally got me around to buying a bicycle to explore a bit more of London. I headed down to the Brick Lane markets to see what bikes they have there. I’m terrified of getting a new bike stolen in London – you hear about it all the time.

Anyway, the first bike that I bought ended up being unroadworthy. So I sold it for scrap and bought another bicycle.

London provides free cycle maps to get you around town. They are just as good – if not better than the A-Z street maps.

Should I have waited to get the Barclays Bicycles? Perhaps. But there seems to be either no bikes or no spots at the bicycle parking bay closest to my house. I might get the £1 per day pass instead. For now, I’m happy to ride my new bicycle around town whilst the weather is sunny and the days are long.

No comments:

Post a Comment