Monday 5 October 2009

46. See Wicked

Here's a London thing that I had to include in my 101 - see the fabulous West End musical - Wicked.


The musical is based on characters from 'The Wonderful Wizard of Oz' and revolves around Glinda the Good and the Wicked Witch of the West. The clever storyline kept me under its spell throughout the show with an enjoyable twist which unravelled my prior notions of the personalities of each witch.

What I also didn't know was that Gregory Maguire, the author of WICKED - The life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West, also wrote two follow up novels to Wicked. "Son of a Witch" (which follows the life of Elphaba’s son Liir - so I'll need to now read Wicked to find out about Elphaba's life after hooking up with Fiyero) and "In A Lion Among Men" (Oz seen through the eyes of the Cowardly Lion, the once tiny cub defended by Elphaba in Wicked). I'll have to add these three books to my reading list!

No comments:

Post a Comment